With its unique gameplay and immersive experience, it's no wonder that fans of the game are looking to create their own versions of Gorilla Tag. A fan-made Gorilla Tag game allows players to explore new virtual environments and experiment with new game mechanics while still capturing the essence of the original game. In this blog, we will be discussing how to make a Gorilla Tag fan game from scratch, so whether you're a seasoned game developer or a Gorilla Tag enthusiast, get ready to swing, climb, and jump your way through this guide.
Steps In Making A Gorilla Tag Fan Game:
Unity Hub is a popular platform for game development and is often used to create VR games such as Gorilla Tag. With its easy-to-use interface and powerful features, it's an excellent option for beginners and experts alike to create a Gorilla Tag fan game. In this guide, we will be using Unity Hub to create our fan game and will take you through the step-by-step process of creating a game that is similar to Gorilla Tag.
- Download Unity Hub and install the latest version of Unity. Unity is the game engine we will be using to create our fan game.
- Create a new Unity project. In Unity Hub, click "New" and select "3D" as the project template. Give your project a name and location on your computer.
- Set up the scene. In the Unity Editor, click "GameObject" in the top menu and select "3D Object" and then "Terrain". This will create a basic terrain in your scene.
- Import assets. You will need to import assets such as models and textures to use in your game. You can find assets online or create your own. To import assets, go to "Assets" in the top menu and select "Import Package" and then "Custom Package". Choose the asset file you want to import and click "Import".
- Create player controllers. In Gorilla Tag, players move by swinging their arms and jumping. You will need to create player controllers that allow players to move in the same way. You can do this by creating scripts that use the VR controllers to move the player in the game.
- Add game mechanics. Gorilla Tag has certain mechanics that make it unique, such as tagging other players. You can add similar mechanics to your fan game to give it a similar feel. For example, you can create a "tag" system that allows players to tag each other and switch roles.
- Test and iterate. Once you have created your game, it's important to test it and make sure it's fun and balanced. Playtest with friends and family, and iterate based on feedback. You may need to tweak the game mechanics or add more assets to make it more interesting.
- Publish and share. Once your fan game is complete, you can publish it and share it with others. You can upload it to platforms such as Steam or itch.io, or share it with friends and family.
Enhance Your Gorilla Tag Game With The Right Accessory
Gorilla Tag is an exciting game that allows players to experience a unique virtual world where they can climb, jump, and swing like monkeys. However, to enhance your Gorilla Tag game, it's essential to have the right accessories.
The ZyberVR dual handles instantly make your movements faster, allowing you to grow taller, branch, and wall climb more easily, and hit the five times longer jump! Think of it as the "Protein Powder" for Virtual Monkeys. The handles are super lightweight, easy to install, and comfortable to control, allowing you to enjoy the wild tag game effortlessly.
Creating a Gorilla Tag fan game is a fun and rewarding project that can take your gaming experience to the next level. With the right tools and resources, anyone can create their own version of this popular game. By following the step-by-step guide outlined in this article, you'll have the knowledge and skills needed to bring your vision to life.