Another Axiom was the one that published Gorilla Tag, a free multiplayer VR game developed by LemmingVR who is a YouTuber. The game was created in Unity and is compatible with most PC-compatible virtual reality headsets as well as Meta Quest, designed to allow for cross-platform play with both SteamVR and Meta Quest.
Gorilla Tag is a VR game in which players must tag each other in a basic, primal tagging game. This game is easy to learn and play, but it provides a fun and interactive multiplayer VR experience.
Gorilla Tag: Gameplay Overview
There are only 2 actual game modes in Gorilla Tag: Infection and Hunt. In the Infection game, a Lava Monkey will chase the other players, who will become Lava Monkeys once tagged; the game ends when everyone is caught. In the Hunt game mode, you catch a specific player while another catches you; once caught, you transform into an Ice Monkey where you will have a slower movement speed.
There are 5 major environments in the game: forest, city, canyon, cave, and mountain. Each map has unique characteristics that will challenge you to master various movement mechanics. Forest is about climbing, City has an obstacle course, Canyon favors wall-running, Cave is located beneath the Forest, and Mountain includes slides.
How To Play Gorilla Tag:
- Download Gorilla Tag from the Quest Store.
- Launch the Gorilla Tag game.
- You will be asked to either create a new account or just sign in if you already have one.
- You'll be taken to the main lobby after you log in where you will see a huge tree with several branches.
- To participate in a game, approach a branch and push the A button on your controller and you will see a list of games that are in progress.
- To join a game, select one game and push the A button on your controller.
- The game will begin automatically, and you will be taken to the game lobby.
- If you want to end the game, press the Menu button on your controller.