One of the main concerns that arise with VR headsets is the battery life. The last thing you want is for your Quest 2 to die in the middle of an intense gaming session. That's why understanding how to properly charge your device and optimize its charging speed is crucial. In this blog, we'll explore some tips and tricks to help you charge your Oculus Quest 2 efficiently, ensuring that you get the most out of your VR experience.
Oculus Quest 2 Charging Speed
The batteries in the Quest 2 have a capacity of roughly 3,640 mAh. The charging time of the Quest 2 depends on various factors, including the battery's current state, the charger used, and the charging method. Typically, it takes around 2 to 3 hours to charge the Quest 2 from 0% to 100% using the ZyberVR link cable and a charger.
Additionally, using the device while charging may slow down the charging speed, and it's best to leave the Quest 2 alone while charging to optimize the charging time. It will drain your battery much more quickly if you play at 120 Hz, therefore it is suggested to buy the ZyberVR magnetic battery pack for that.
How To Charge Your Oculus Quest 2?
The majority of users claim that the headset and controllers have relatively decent battery life, although eventually, you will need to charge them both. While the controllers itself just need a single AA battery to function, the headset itself includes a built-in battery that can be recharged using the USB-C port on the side of the device.
Charging Your Quest 2 Controllers
- Find the battery compartment lid and replace it. Each controller has an 'eject' button that indicates this on the outside of the device.
- Carefully press down on the panel and move it in the direction indicated by the arrow. When the AA battery is exposed, you can take it out and put a new one in its place.
- When finished, reattach the battery cover by placing it over the battery and sliding it up toward the controller's top until it snaps into place.
Charging Your Quest 2 Headset
- Get the ZyberVR link cable.
- Plug the cable into the connector on the left side of the headset.
- When your device is charging, a battery icon will appear on the right side of the device's screen. The icon will show the charging progress and the remaining battery percentage.
How To Extend The Battery Life Of Meta Quest 2?
Purchasing the ZyberVR magnetic battery pack that attaches to the headset is among the good options. Here are some tips to extend the battery life of your Oculus Quest 2:
- Adjust the brightness: Lowering the brightness of the Quest 2 can significantly improve battery life. You can do this by going to Settings > Device > Display > Brightness.
- Turn off Bluetooth: If you're not using any Bluetooth devices, such as headphones or controllers, turn off Bluetooth in Settings > Device > Bluetooth. Bluetooth consumes a lot of battery power, and turning it off can improve battery life.
- Close background apps: Closing background apps that you're not using can help conserve battery life. You can do this by pressing the Oculus button, selecting the app, and then selecting Close.
- Limit the use of power-hungry apps: Some VR apps are more power-hungry than others. Limit the use of these apps to extend your Quest 2's battery life. You can monitor which apps are using the most power by going to Settings > Device > Battery.
- Charge your device before use: Fully charge your device before using it to ensure you get the most out of your battery. Using your device when the battery is low can also reduce its lifespan.
- Use the Power Saving Mode: The Power Saving Mode reduces the performance of the device to conserve battery life. You can turn on this mode by going to Settings > Device > Power Saving Mode.
- Invest in a ZyberVR Battery Head Strap: This attaches to the back of your Quest 2 headset and provides additional hours of battery life. The ZyberVR Battery Head Strap is also especially beneficial for longer VR sessions where the weight of the headset can become uncomfortable.